Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: How do you organize scanlations?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ikkitousen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty new to reading scanlations, and
    its quite a headache to organize and sort them.

    Maybe I've been too greedy, trying to read everything all at once.

    I cant make up my mind how to classify those scans.
    yaoi/non yaoi
    author/ titles/ genres
    read/unread

    I love those completed projects, but those delightful ongoing projects!! arrghh.. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Do you guys have a method that works great for you?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just organize mine by distributor (IE S-C) if I can, then put the names and ratings on them.

    -Reikou

  3. #3
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty messy too, there is so much ^^; so first of all, I got the "just download" folder, then it goes into shounen ai , shounen, shoujo-ai, shoujo,unclassifable, and in that by the team translating them, if it's one serie done by many (like Naruto or something) it got it's own folder

    from what I've seen throught irc most class by the team and then by titles, sometimes just by titles and leaving the ending of the translating team... a very few by authors.

    by the way, ikkitousen, I like your avatar ^___^ what is it? (+ where from)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member
    How do you organize scanlations?


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I classify any sort of immage collection I get by title. I'm a major image collector.... Recently I've been collecting B+W Manga images and colouring them in Photoshop. Most of my avatars will probably be the result of doing this, like my current one of Seiichi and Tomoki.

    I rarely categorize things by artist/author... Though with Webmanga I always know who the artist is for sure.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Cheshirecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also organize my scans according to the title, simply because I don't keep that many stuff on my hard drive. I only keep those that I really like and delete the rest. So I have not much problems with organizing my stuff.

    I used to collect LOTS of anime/manga images. But I don't do that anymore. I don't have much time to browse around nowadays.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    well since 99.9999999 % of my stuff are either (or have hints) yaoi or shounen ai, I just keep em' by title in this nice lil' folder I like to call "M-SCANS".

    I also have lots, and I mean LOT'S of, pics. I have about 185 MB's just of pics. I would have more but they got erased when my pc *repaired*. The ones that have boyxboy content I put em' on a File named "NOYB!" (aka. None Of Your Bussines!)just to prevent any curious from peeking.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member
    How do you organize scanlations?


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Only 185 MB of pics? That's not that much... my pics on my parents computer are at least 500MB at least the ones that are zipped right now are... and there's still mre... My entire folder back at my parent's place is 1GB... and my folder of pics here is also pretty big... At least considering I've only been herecollecting for a few months... It's 178MB right now, butas I collect and read more manga and do more colourings it'll get bigger....

    I used to actively search for pics all the time.. but then I started getting into more and more obsure series and characters and they're so damn hard to find... It's discouraging, you know? So I kinda died down from major pic crawls..

    I mean I have 1200 Slayers pics back home, 500 or more Sailor moon pics... 200 or so CCS pics... 10000 pics or more in total.. and that's only back home.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Cheshirecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! That's WAY more than what I've collected in the past. And I thought I was obsessed.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Wow, those are a lot of pics [img]eek.gif[/img]

    I use tu have more on my pc, but some where erared and I had to put others on a CD so that they weren't erased when they took the pc to *fix* it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member
    How do you organize scanlations?


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Personally... I'm very cheap... if I can have a picture of something I like, even if I don't have the object, I'm happy, thus bishounen are one of my favorite pic subjects. I have around 500 hentai pics at home... or more. and that's heterosexual and yuri stuff... (less yuri stuff, I tend not to keep those) I prefer H-pics that at least show the guy... or a particularily kinky position that I wish I was in.

    ANYway, that aside I'm wondering what I'll colour next from my manga-image archive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •